Sunday, January 31, 2010

Help?!

Okay everyone... I need some ideas. I have 20+ people coming over for a Super Bowl party next Sunday (anyone else feel like coming?), and I don't have any real cooking ideas. (Well, maybe a couple, but that's not enough.)

Right now, I'm definitely doing a sandwich bar...

Meats -- Fresh roasted turkey (like Thanksgiving), meatballs (which I actually am going to cheat and buy from Costco... their chicken teriyaki fresh meatballs are amazing and go really well with a vodka sauce), and Italian beef,

Toppings -- Different shredded and sliced cheeses, and a bunch of toppings like peppers, spinach, shredded carrots, cucumbers, sliced olives, etc.

Different Breads

But, from there, I'm stuck. I'm used to being stuck in the kitchen for the entire life of these parties, but I need something to do (cook) while I'm in there. Any recipe suggestions from any of you?

Oh, I should mention... I have at least one guest who is a vegetarian and one who is gluten-free (and then I don't eat pork or shellfish, either... I won't cook it unless it's for Joel's birthday -- using the pan I save just for his birthday bacon, but if I can buy pork or shellfish ready to serve, I'd be willing to.)

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment